Triple Happiness

When we were married, it was considered "Double Happiness" in Chinese tradition. When Sophia arrived, our family was blessed by "Triple Happiness"! I guess not that Heidi, is here, there must be something about 4-Happiness, but I'll keep my address the same. Here is an attempt to share all this happiness with friends and family.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Green Bean Accident


It has been quite some time since I have been reduced to tears through laughter. Last Friday was one of those days. Sophia was with us at lunch in her new booster seat (what a big girl!) and has learned that she is able to reach out for things and actually grasp them. Mainly, she has discovered that it is fun to hold on to her eating containers. Well, Friday's lunch proved eventful. Half way (and half hearted) through her green beans, I put the spoon down to talk with Mary Ellen. Sophia wasn't really interested in eating anyway. Not a half second later do I look back to discover that the rest of the green beans have been thrown to the ground. They managed to miss most everything, except for Sophia's left sock. Completely doused in green beans.

One of the nuns runs to get wet cloths to clean everything while my mind is racing about if I had packed an extra pair of socks. When we returned to the office, I discovered that I did not, in fact, have any other socks for Sophia. It is winter and cold, so I couldn't possibly let her go bare foot. The next best option...wearing my gloves on her feet. Here's where the tears come in. I started with just one glove on her naked foot. It was so funny to see her wave around, I had to put the other glove on too. Soon, Sophia was "clapping" her gloves together and enjoying the raucous laughter of all the nuns who came down to see her. It truly was a funny day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home