Triple Happiness

When we were married, it was considered "Double Happiness" in Chinese tradition. When Sophia arrived, our family was blessed by "Triple Happiness"! I guess not that Heidi, is here, there must be something about 4-Happiness, but I'll keep my address the same. Here is an attempt to share all this happiness with friends and family.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

She only likes my money

The other morning, Sophia and I stopped at the post office before we went to work. I had to send my passport documents to update my married name by certified mail (for our upcoming trip to China in April!!). The line at the post office was quite long due to some computer malfunctioning so we waited for quite some time. There was a waste-high counter top that we were all waiting along and another mother had her son sitting on the counter two people in front of us in line.

Sophia was sitting in her car seat which I set on the counter when we arrived to the long line. The woman with her little boy said, "Oh! Look at the baby!" Her son was bundled in his snow suit, grasping three $1 bills which they would use, presumabely, to buy their stamps with. He must have been around 3 years old. He looked over at Sophia when she said this, at which point Sophia just beamed. Recently she has started LOVING looking at babies. She lights up whenever a baby or little kid is around. His mom said to him, "Oh, she really likes you."

His response: "She only likes my money."

Uproar ensues among the moms in the crowd...what a great way to spend time in line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home