Triple Happiness

When we were married, it was considered "Double Happiness" in Chinese tradition. When Sophia arrived, our family was blessed by "Triple Happiness"! I guess not that Heidi, is here, there must be something about 4-Happiness, but I'll keep my address the same. Here is an attempt to share all this happiness with friends and family.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Hokies of VT

"I can fly like a hokie!"
"Hokies taste good!"
"It's about time I got my Hokie, Uncle Danny!"
Sophia and I just arrived back from Kansas where we were on the midyear retreat for the Dominican volunteers. One of the volunteers, Pam is an alum of Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA. My brother-in-law, Danny, is also an alum, so Pam and I have bonded over this connection. Well, at the retreat, Pam decided that she needed to make up for Sophia's "lacking uncle" with her first Hokie. We brought the Hokie with us to work today to share photos with Uncle Danny.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    This is awesome! Danny saw it yesterday at work. I love the picture of her pounding her hand on her high chair. Sophia, honey, if it makes you feel any better, your cousins don't have a Hokie yet.

    We love you!

    Jennifer

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Donielle said…

    Maybe it's time for her cousins to get a hokie, right? Should I have Pam send them one? :)

    I love her pounding her fist too. Her expression on her face is priceless.

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I was at VA Tech 500 years ago, the Hokies weren't the source of pride they are today. It's still strange to me that they're such a big deal now, and that people from all over the country covet the associated paraphernalia!

    In 20 more years Tech will again fall to the bottom of the heap, and poor Sophia will look at these old baby pictures and wonder why her family was so cruel. I'm just trying to spare her the future pain and embarrassment. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home